Sunday, March 9, 2014

With Change Comes Plans

We have been in our home for almost 6 months. I say that and it seems like so long ago!! In reality, however, it seems like we haven't found our footing in those 6 months. Why does it take so long to adjust to change? I feel my kids are doing better than Dustin and I. They are slowly moving forward with friends and feeling comfortable, but the adults still seemed lost!

Dustin looks at me all the time like, "What have you done?" I want to hide my head and  yell. "I don't know! It seemed right at the time!" lol I can't, it did feel right at the time. I know it was the right choice for us. It is good to get out of your comfort zone and stretch yourself. I think the problem was that we stayed too long in our comfort zone. Once we were settled, we were ready to never leave! I'm so grateful we did though.

We have been deciding on what to do with our .27 acre lot. That's a lot of land to landscape! That;s a lot of money, too!! We have come up with a few fun ideas. I have convinced my husband to build a fire pit. Surrounding the fire pit will be two yard swings and a bench. It will all sit under a square pergola. We can see it in our heads. The inspiration came from a photo I saw on Face book.



We will have a spot for a shed to house the quad and yard tools, a garden, and an area for a future deck. That's just the backyard! I was voting for a splash pad, but Dustin won't do it. It would be better than a pool, I think! HE says it would be too expensive. He's right. I can't believe how much things cost. Even concrete! Holy smokes! This is the reason this will all be done a little at a time. This year we hope to get the sprinkling system, yard, fence (almost done), and fire pit in. It's going to be a busy Spring and Summer! Yeah for busy days though! And yeah for projects that will help us to get to know our neighbors better!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It's hard moving in general, but moving and then winter months hit I think it's even harder. We all kind of hibernate- but then spring comes. I agree with you on staying in our comfort zones. It was so hard for us to leave ours too! But I keep telling myself growing pains hurt and are hard- but they are good for us... And it is getting easier.
Oh my goodness I want that swing and fire pit in my yard!!