Sunday, November 30, 2014

Your Kids Should Know Your Middle Name

I took the older kids to church by myself today. Britten was sick with a bad cough. Dustin stayed home with him because I had to conduct Primary and do Sharing Time. During Sacrament meeting, Grace was filling out a a pamphlet all about family history. I'm not sure where she got it from. I had never seen it before. I'm pretty sure she got it from her young woman leaders.  I do know there is a big push right now to get our family history done. I have felt a pulling inside of me to get to know those in my family that came before me. 
I have been studying my Grandma Taylor- I have a post to publish about her. I started close because I realized I really don't know my grandparents all that well. None of them wrote a history. My parents don't have a history. I don't have a history written. I really didn't think I needed to write one...until today. 

In that pamphlet Grace filled out my information. I heard Aaron lean in and ask her, "Mom has a middle name?" My own flesh and blood had no clue that my middle name was Annette. He's fifteen! I knew my mom's way before that! I started wondering what else they don't know about me. I think there's quite a bit. So, I decided to buckle down and do it. I'm going to write a complete history of me! I think I'll break it down into segments. The division being my moves as a kid. I think it will be helpful for them. I think it will be insightful for me even. I plan on publishing them on here so there is a hard record. I'm excited!

1 comments:

Audrey Taylor said...

I'm excited too Larae!! You are an interesting person!