Friday, June 15, 2018

Softabll Champs

Because of my new job, life has been pretty hectic. I wasn't able to be to as many of Kate's games for soft ball this year. She ended up on a team with 18 year-olds because they didn't have many girls sign up. I know she was discouraged, but this girl learned a lot because there was so much more expected of her. She improved in all things. But most important, that I saw, was a change in attitude. She matured as she watched these older girls not get upset with themselves if they weren't perfect. They didn't get mad when another teammate was struggling. they cheered each other on and encouraged one another. Being 14 can be rough, especially is you're still learning new things. But, Kate listened and learned, even though it was hard sometimes. I'm so proud of her and her team! They worked hard even when they were losing. In the end, they were crowned the league champs! It was an awsome thing to witness! Way to go Lightning!! 







0 comments: