Saturday, July 14, 2018

A Day on the Lake

A family in our little community rents out their backyard to help raise money for their school in Africa. For Dustin's family reunion this year, we rented it out for the afternoon. They supplied kayaks, paddle boards, a paddle boat, and a lot of other flotation devices. They had a cute sandy beach where Britten and I built sandcastles, and mostly hung out working on our tans.

I have a hard time watching my kids in water. Ever since they were little, I have had this fear they are going to not make it and drown right before my eyes. And yes, they are swimmers-except Britten- and they do just fine. But, my mind sees it very differently. I wish it was something I could fix. I think water activities would be much more enjoyable for me. I'm usually a ball of nerves. I try to relax. Taking pictures helps me focus on something else, so I take lots of pictures.

 It is so nice to be able to get together and build family relationships. To us, family is everything! The day was beautiful. The water perfect! The food was delicious. It was a great day!





















0 comments: