Friday, August 3, 2018

First Week of August

This week Ryan got to start his 100 day countdown until he comes home. He's scheduled to return home on my birthday this year!! Talk about a birthday present! He made a shirt marking the occasion:





We're all pretty excited about it! I can't believe 2 years have gone by!

This week also marks the last little bit of summer. Summer always comes and goes so quickly. I really hate it. I wish we had more time and money to make each summer more memorable. But, really we do enjoy just being lazy, going to the library, hanging out in the front yard. Of course we watch TV and play video games too. I managed to get the girls out on Thursday to go to the park. Poor Britten doesn't get to do all the things my others did. He really enjoyed this park. He loved the swings. And do you know what they put at this park? A life size video game. The kids loved it!! We grabbed lunch after from Wendy's. Also a favorite!






On Friday, Grace got to drive.



I'm really not a huge fan of this "kids getting older" thing. I love seeing them hit new milestones, but my heart breaks a little each time. So, the first week of August brought fun, excitement, and a little heart break, but it's been good!

0 comments: