Friday, July 26, 2019

Dandelions

 I’ve had lots of emotions the last few weeks. I’ve been avoiding them, not wanting to acknowledge how I was feeling. Our home is down to 4 kids, I became a mother-in-law, and next year we’ll be down to 3 kids. It’s a lot for me to process. I don’t like my kids getting older and leaving, but I like my kids getting older and leaving. I’m proud of my kids and who they are. They are good, they are kind, they work hard, they have goals. I love seeing them work toward what they have planned for themselves. Britten asked this morning if he could go ask a friend to play “all by himself.” He’s big now, you know. I gave the thumbs up. I watched him walk across the street. He was out of sight for a few minutes. I spotted him coming back with no friends. He turned the corner by the fence, and then stopped and turned around. He bent down and picked something out of the grass. He walked up the driveway beaming and smelling a freshly picked dandelion. I was hoping it was for me. He came inside and told me he had a surprise. He pulled the flower out from behind his back and shoved it in my face. I was so thankful for his kind gesture. My momma heart has been kinda aching. I was convinced during childbearing years I wanted to have all my kids at the same stage in life as possible. When Britten came, I was a little bitter about “the gap.” Today, I’m so grateful I still have a child who will pick dandelions for me. It’s exactly what my heart needed.












0 comments: