Monday, May 25, 2020

The Chosen

 Something that has really been a light in the chaos of this year has been a new television series called, The Chosen. It is a series that focuses on the life of Jesus Christ. 

I don’t watch much tv. I don’t read books often. Sometimes, I wish I could just sit and spend hours doing those things. I’ve been this way since I was a little girl. The only book I would read was a children’s Bible book that was in our home. I would read it daily. It told of stories, or poems, of Jesus. Books and poems of Jesus are still my favorite. I’m very particular of the art I see of Jesus. For me, the ones of Him on the cross bring emotions I don’t wish to dwell on, even though I know it’s why He came. The ones where He’s soft and vibrant speak to me. If He’s smiling, the peace overwhelms me. I always smile back. I’ve been binge watching The Chosen. I was skeptical at first. Like I said, I’m super particular about my Jesus things. I know they have taken liberties with the story line and characters at times. But I like it! All of it! To see the characters as human makes me smile. So consider this a recommendation if you like Jesus things. I’d love your input as well.




0 comments: