Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Do You Want to Learn A Lot about Your Child?

Then just play with them!



Lately I have been trying to play more with my kids. When Ryan and Aaron were little, I had a lot of extra time. We played all sorts of things. Once I had my girls life just got crazy. I'm sure it is because I became extremely busy just keeping up with each child we added to our family.



I have learned that Kate is a lot like her dad. This is not a bad thing, but she had developed a gift to make you think she is perfectly right in all things. She manipulates the circumstance so she is always the one in the right. I have gotten a kick out of this. If we are playing and she doesn't like the way it is playing out, she has a new rule to implement. The funny thing is she acts like it was ALWAYS a rule!



I will say she inherited my bossiness. I think it is just the chain of command. When Grace is there, she is in charge because she is older. If Grace is gone, then Kate becomes the dictator. I'm sure Becca is just waiting for the day she gets to reign, but maybe that is why she treats Ace the way she does. He's littler than her, so she gets to boss him.



Because Becca is the littlest, she has learned to comply and not to argue. We were at Lowe's and they were racing each other down the aisle. Kate reached the finish line first and proudly shouted, "Yay, I win!" Becca came in right after her and proudly declared, "Yay, I lose!" She was just happy to take part.



She has that passive-aggressive gene though. While Grace and Kate are bossing her around, she has her little ways of letting them know she's not happy. If they aren't paying attention to the game she will quietly knock over or move their game piece. She will slyly steal the toy she wanted and knows well enough to run out of the room. Anything she can do that won't bring too much attention and avoids the confrontation.


I realized I need to include Grace. (I fear she is going to suffer from middle-child syndrome) She is our little angel! However, when she plays that attitude comes out. She is the one always in charge, not willing to take the back seat to anything. We have really been working on that with her. She's getting better at it. She is so friendly though. Anyone can play if they want (they just have to be willing to follow her rules, no exceptions). She has her moments when little sisters are banned from the festivities, but not too many.


My boys are typical boys. They pretty much get along smoothly. Ryan is more laid back, Aaron is more of the perfectionist. I think they are a whole lot easier to raise! Too many emotions involved with a girl! I'm burned out from having three girls right in a row! I love them though and I love the time I am able to sit and enjoy them.



0 comments: