Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hill Air Force Aerospace Museum

On the 6th we had our first official summer field trip. We took the kids up to the aerospace museum in Ogden with our good friends the Corderos. They loved it! At first glance I thought it was a few airplanes in the yard and a tiny little museum we could walk through, but that place was HUGE! The kids' favorite part was definitely the education center. Everything was hands on for them. They enjoyed dressing up and pretending to be pilots and astronauts. They also had some simulators. Ryan hung out there. He loved flying the planes on the game he was playing. One of the best parts was being ab;e to enter "The Jolly Green Giant" helicopter. Most exibits were off limits. The kind tour guide allowed the kids to actually walk up the ramp and sit inside. the helicopter was used in Vietnam. Paratroopers leaped from the same ramp! We had a great time.

On the way home we stopped and paid a long, over-due visit to Dustin's grandma. We had a very nice visit.

Here are "a few" pictures of our day long trip (sorry for the picture overload, I would've done more). I would recommend a visit if you have never been there it was quite exciting.





















3 comments:

Taryn said...

AWESOME! That looks like so much fun!

Natalie said...

We loved visiting this place! I was just thinking the other day how much my boys would enjoy it now. We were lucky enough to go a few times when volunteers were there to tell their stories. Awesome veterans!

Miss you guys!

ChicChat said...

It was fun! I just can't believe I've lived in Utah my whole life and I've never been there. I was amazed by how big those planes were. Crazy! I would like to take my kids again and start with the learning center.