Friday, July 30, 2010

A New Part of Life

This year seems to have passed so quickly. Can I just say, my life recently seems to be in fast forward?! I'm not sure if I will ever get used to it, but I have no choice.

My kids are back in school. Kate is in first grade! During the day it's just me and Becca. I remember when Ryan started kindergarten I felt that I would have little kids forever! Well, Ryan starts jr high this year. Looking back, it didn't seem long at all.

Next year Becca will be in kindergarten! What on earth am I going to do with myself? Dustin has reminded me that I can get a job. I have thought a lot about that. The problem is my children are in year-round school. Kind of hard to schedule around. Plus, I don't know if I want to enter the work field so quickly. I do want to go to school, but maybe just a class here and there until my kids are older.

I am excited to have a little me time, I'm just not quite sure what to do with it. I am a little sad that this part of my life has arrived so quickly. It really means I'm getting old. I've been on an old kick lately, probably a mid-life crisis. I should find something to help. Any suggestions? Maybe this would be a good time to write my very own bucket list.

2 comments:

Jayleen said...

Ha, if your old, what does that make me? I think my job is the "perfect" job for people who want to earn some extra money but still have kids in school and especially year-around school. I've looked at working outside of the home off and on for a while and the job I do is so flexible that nothing can really compare to it. I know, I'm not going to do it forever, but as long as I have little ones at home, I think I will.

Taryn said...

My times does fly- Ryan in jr. high?! Where has the time gone?
I think that you have done a great job raising sweet wonderful children! I'm trying to pattern some of my parenting skills after you so don't screw up :) hee hee
As for the "job"- I always thought it would be fun to be a secretary at the school my kids went to - just a thought- especially jr high, then you could keep an eye on them LOL!!
Your doing great and YOU ARE NOT OLD!! We are in our prime so try and enjoy it!!!