Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth Festivities

We woke up excited to celebrate our nation's birthday. The city that Dustin works for had some fun activities planned and a parade later that evening. We were lucky enough to have front row seats and parking spaces, thanks to Dust's connections. It's not a huge perk, but it was nice to be at the front of the parade and able to park close.

They spent the afternoon watching K9 officers perform, witnessing the landing of a helicopter,and being a cop and taking down a "bad guy". We ended the afternoon with bounce houses ad snowies.









After a short break, we returned to Sandy to watch the parade with our good friends the Corderos. Parades are rather funny in Utah. In West Jordan it is nothing but a form of business advertisement, in Sandy it was all political! But there were a few fun moments. The kids nearly tackled each other for the candy. This year we were lucky and got chicken nuggets from Chic-fil-a. So, I guess you could say we attend the parade for the freebies!!

















We ended our night with NO fireworks!! Can you believe that?! We were so tired and had church in the morning. We were in bed around 9:30, I think. Such party animals!! We were wiped out from the sun!!

I will say that I am so grateful to be a citizen of this country. I do believe it is a choice land. I am thankful for the MANY freedoms I enjoy. I know I often take it for granted! God bless America and those who defend our freedom!!

2 comments:

Taryn said...

Wow you guys really had a fun day! Don't fret about the fireworks, there's always the 24th !!

thecustercrew said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. Happy 4th!!!