Thursday, October 21, 2010

Merritts and Punctuality

So, ever since Dustin was released from the bishopric, we have been TERRIBLE at making it to church on time. In fact last week Becca asked me, as we were getting ready, if we were going to "long Sunday or short Sunday." That's pretty bad!!! Unfortunately it was short Sunday.

I don't know why we can't get it together!!!

I have set a goal to be on time this Sunday. I might even have enough time to take a picture in our Sunday best. I haven't had one of those in a while!

We shall see, we shall see...

3 comments:

Rach said...

We are in the same boat. We have been practicing for 10 months now to make it to 9:00am sacrament mtg, and I think we've made it on time twice. One was before Tyson was born, the other was when I spoke ;) I even lay out all the kids clothes, do all bathing, etc. the night before and we are still usually walking in as the opening hymn is playing... Funny, that we can make it out an about by 8:30 on Saturdays???

BrieAnn said...

We are usually quite punctual. Jake more than me, but I've learned to follow his example, however, since we've been back in OK, we can never make it on time! Last time, we were 13 minutes late and found ourselves in the foyer for the sacrament. And I don't know how it works that Cora loves to sleep in on Sunday. It's the only day she does it, and it doesn't bode well for 8:30 church.

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

same exact situation here. my kids will wake up early (6:30) every other day. But Sunday? No way!! Thye used to get up early and sneak some xbox in (lovely, i know) while I was sleeping, but since I cut them off, they just hang out in bed.