Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Family Outing

Last Friday we took our children on a promised outing from long ago. If you remember, we are doing scripture memorizing for our family scripture study. I take a scripture each week and they are to memorize for a whole week. After 10 scriptures we do something fun. Well it took a while, but they finally did it!!!

For a reward we tried Incredible Pizza in Draper. Taryn had given us a coupon for $13 a person. This included all their rides and a buffet. We were honestly quite impressed. The pizza was much like 5 Buck pizza, but the buffet included a Mexican bar, Italian bar, and dessert bar too.

You were allowed to stay for four hours after you swiped for your first ride. We decided to eat first! :) Then we went and enjoyed go-carts, mini-golf, mini-bowling, laser tag, and bumper cars. Then we ate some more! Then played more and before it was time to leave, we had dinner! I was going to take advantage of not cooking for dinner!! We left at the right time too. All day long it was mostly us there because of the week day, but around 3 it started getting packed.

I'm glad the kids had fun. It was nice to just be together as a family and have quality time. That seems lacking lately. I'm happy they are taking the challenge of learning the scriptures seriously. I don't think I can give them a better gift than learning to love the scriptures!!



I was only able to get this picture, my camera died!! But at least we have one! Thanks Aunt Taryn for sharing your coupon!!!

2 comments:

Taryn said...

Your welcome! I am glad to hear your guys had fun! I can't believe how grown up your kids are getting! They look so mature in that picture!

ChicChat said...

I love family outings. We may have to check out Incredible Pizza next time.