Sunday, February 6, 2011

Family Home Videos & Photos

My kids can sit and watch our family videos FOR-EV-ER (said just like the kid on Sandlot)!!

I didn't get it. Until today. They were watching a video from 2004. It had snipits of our life from b-days, Easter, bike riding, and so on.

The one that most intrigued me was of little Kate joining our family. Her birth is the only one we have recorded. Why? I don't know. That's a pretty big thing!

I was teary-eyed. I heard her little cry and lost it. That sound is irreplaceable! I'm so glad we have it captured on video. The same goes for my kids' little toddler voices. Those are things you forget! It's nice to have that small moment of time captured so your are able to relive it.

I spent a little part of the night rummaging through photos too. I love to do this. This time I was looking for photos of my mom, me , and Kate.

I have always been told I look like my mom. I really never believed it. Not until we did the video for my father's funeral. Then I saw it. Anyway, I was looking for a picture of her so I could enter a little contest on the Generations Project website. (check it out. i love that show) I also wanted to enter Kate and I. I think we look alike. What do you think?



This was in May of '95. I had just received my Personal Progress medallion.

Here's Kate and I. We are both in kindergarten.




Here we are as babies:




Sometimes I wonder who I got these genes from. It would be fun to find old photos from people way before my time and see if I resemble some of them. And if I did, it would be nice to know their story.

3 comments:

Mhari said...

I always love looking at photos to see where I got my different traits from. You do look a lot like your mom for sure. And I do think Kate looks a lot like you. Fun times on the videos. I need to start doing better at that.

Maggie & Nate said...

When Nate graduated from the U, he asked me what he should get as a graduation present from his parents?
He was like a video camera for Rohnan? I was like yeah that would be fantastic...so we could get memories of him. Then Nate said my camera already records...I didn't agree that much. It does but doesn't. Due to my dismay...he got speakers for surround sound. Anyways...I think we need a camcorder...
I sure enjoy videos when I was a kid.
All three of you look alike... :0)

Mama Bear said...

I think Kate looks exactly like you!!! enter and I'm sure you'd win!