Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April 12: Frosty Day

April 12 is my dad's birthday.

My kids don't remember much about my dad. My boys remember the funeral and that's it. It makes me sad, so I was thinking of things I could do to help them know him, without really knowing him.

One thing I remember about my father: The man loved his ice cream! He was especially fond of the Wendy's Frosty. In fact he almost bought his own Frosty maker. (I don't remember why it never worked out)

So, in honor of my dad's birthday, I bought frosties for everyone!















Now when my kids eat a Frosty, they can think of Grandpa Taylor and know where their love of ice cream came from.

Happy 74th Birthday, Dad!!!

We miss you and love you!


1 comments:

thecustercrew said...

Boy did he love frostys. I remember when he was in the hospital, he had been in for about a week at that point. I got him a frosty and took it to him on my way to work. I have never seen anyone eat ice cream that fast. After that I tried to take him one every day while he was still in the hospital. It makes me sad too that most of my kids don't remember him. Tanner would watch the power point that I did for Mom every night. I loved it then because I felt that maybe he would remember a little, but he said the other day that he doesn't remember him. It made me so sad. We really miss him too.