Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference Weekend, April 2011

One of our favorite things to do during conference is to play Conference Bingo. Am amazed every time how well my kids listen when they are playing. They may not be getting the whole gist of the message, but they are hearing key ingredients to our faith like: Jesus Christ, temple, tithing, scriptures, commandments. While they are listening and are entertained for a minute, I get to listen!

Words cannot explain the way I feel as I listen. I always anticipate what I might learn from these great men and women. I am never disappointed. This time the talks by Dallin H Oaks and M Russell Ballard resonated with me. Truly messages meant for my struggling heart. My priorities seem all askew lately and I find myself missing the value in those small and simple things. I find value only the whole chunk of gold rather than the flecks.

I am thankful for the opportunity to rejuvenate myself with new goals and focus. This General Conference was a true blessing. (they all are, but this one was so important to me)

0 comments: