Thursday, February 23, 2012

We Talk of Christ... (2 Ne 25:26)

I expressed my love for the Book of Mormon. I wanted to make sure the Bible was not neglected in my testimony. How I love the stories of the Bible! When I was little we had a children's version. I remember pooring over it all the time. I loved, and still do, the stories of Jesus. One of my favorites was the story of healing the blind man by putting "spittle" on his eyes. It means even more to me because my son is blind in one eye. We had many conversations when he was little about that story and how one day Ryan would be made whole again.

I was a rare exception in high school, I loved studying the Old Testament. Many thought it was boring, but I love those stories!! It was one of my favorite years in Seminary. The other was, of course, the Book of Mormon.

I hope my kids can understand the importance of studying the scriptures and the role they play in the Plan of Salvation. It is by reading them and studying them we will learn what we are to do and our purpose for being here. And most importantly, it is where they will learn to know and understand their Savior. How do they know what He would do if they are not studying Him? How will they recognize Him?

this picture is one of my favorites. It hung in my girls' room forever!



How I love the scriptures! How I love this gospel! How I love learning about it everyday!!!

Quick story:

We took the kids to dinner for reading their scriptures. They picked Chuck-a-Rama. Who doesn't like a buffet? After paying Dustin said to them, "Hey, I need you guys to quit reading your scriptures. I'm going to be broke!"

I loved that my kids in unison shouted, " NO WAY!!!" In my mind I was thinking, oh look at my good kids loving to read their scriptures. I know in reality they were happy to be at the restaurant, but I hope a love of the stories is growing!!

0 comments: