Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Grace is 11

Grace turned 11 on the 18th. September is a busy, crazy month. I have 3 of the 5 birthdays and it is also the start of a new school year. I feel like I'm always running behind. I hope my kids will forgive me for always posting late.

She is turning into such a young lady. She is still my sweet, angelic child. She has started testing me, however. I really kind of enjoy seeing her develop this way though. She has always been so shy and scared of change. I see her bursting out of her shell and becoming her own person. It is quite extraordinary.

Grace is the middle child. I have always felt a little guilty of this. I'm not sure why. I was the middle child out of the last 5 kids in my family and never felt ignored or scarred, but I tend to treat her like she is. It's something I need to change, she might become even more herself.

I interviewed her as well.

favorite food: potato soup
favorite color: light blue
favorite movie: Star Wars
favorite book: The Hidden Girl
favorite subject: math
favorite animal: bunny (she has wanted one for forever)
favorite soda: Dr. Pepper
favorite candy bar: Symphony
favorite hobby: watch TV
favorite cartoon: Jacob Tutu

What do you want to be when you grow up? a mom and a vet
What would you do with 1 million dollars? buy a car and the food I love then donate the rest

All my kids have answered the last question basically the same. They would buy what they want, but then share the rest. I haven't influenced any of them to answer this way. I'm grateful they are aware that there are those who need help and are willing to share what they have.

Grace, you are beautiful young lady. You love to cook and take care of your sisters. I love that you are so willing to help me. We are so glad that you are part of our family!



















1 comments:

i said...

what a beautiful young woman. i just love your pictures. ;)