Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Journal or Scrapbook?

When I started this blog, I knew I would share the events of my little spot in this world. I really like how it started. I would just share the nothingness, but everything, of our day. After a little while it morphed into little snip-its about me. Now, I feel like this blog has become more like a scrapbook that I work on when I have time.

I realize my life is crazy. I am pulled every which way, never really knowing where I'm going. But I never thought I wouldn't take the time to write about my experiences in this journey. I want to do better. I want to share the exciting, the mundane, the whatever. I hope to turn this back into something I take the time for. I want to read this 10 years from now and still find the enjoyment in simple things. It can be so easy to take those for granted. The simple things. I don't want to be lame like that. How do I not be so lame?

I thought that was the end of this post, but it's not.

I just walked into the living room and saw the mess that my family has left in their paths today. It reminded me what an overwhelming day today has been. Dustin has been out of town. When he is out of town, I get lazy. We get lazy. You see, he's the organized, clean freak in our home. I'm not. I grew up in a home with 11 children for crying out loud. A few things out of place doesn't send me to the wall wanting to bash my head against it. I can walk around without ever noticing it.

I noticed it tonight. I don't think it means I'm going to get all organized and crazy. It still didn't bother me. Is it weird that I wanted to take a picture of the mess? I feel like maybe I should have captured a moment of what our house looks like after a crazy day. The people in my new neighborhood have yet to see anything out of place. I've been trying really hard to keep my new house clean. I like it a whole lot more when it's clean. But it's not the true me. I don't think a family of eight could live in the confusion that is me. Maybe it's good we live like Dustin. It felt good to let the lazy, disorganized monster out for a second. Now I need to go clean it. Tomorrow will come way too fast and I won't have time to take care of it then.

0 comments: