Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Kirtland, Ohio

We passed through Kirtland on our way to Navoo. Kirtland is where the first temple for our faith was built. It is now owned by The Community Of Christ Church, formerly the RLDS Church. We enjoyed the museum there, but we also enjoyed the tour of the Kirtland Temple. It was interesting to sit in that building that had so much history. That was so importan to people of my faith, but also others that have splintered off. We went through the tour with other families of my faith, members of the COmmunity of Christ, and the FLDS church ( poligomists). Tom, our tour guide, called Kirtland the Grandma of many religions. It was good analogy.

We also visited the Newel K Whitney store. It was interesting for me to hear my children's comments. I want it known right upfront that I said nothing to these guys to spark this discussion. Upon entering the store, I heard Angel lean over to Aaron and say something. He chuckled a little and nodded. She saw I was looking at them and said to me, "It's crazy the differnce of the feeling in this store vs the temple." My other teenagers heard, and all  said they felt the exact smae way! I'm not going to say the Spirit is not in the Kirtland temple, because I don't believe that. But, I do beleive the Soirit is a teacher, and in that momnet it was teaching my kids. I'm so grateful we had the opportunity to take this trip!


















We stopped and ate lunch in this grove of trees.



We jumped in the motorhome to travel to the next spot. Lots of driving sure makes us tired!!


0 comments: