Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Having Faith To Lift Your Feet

 









I need to talk about how big this is for this kid. Britten has had anxiety ever since he was little-I noticed it around 9 months old. His emotions have always been too big for his little body. We usually talk through it. The fear he feels about losing control ona bike is real! It's not something he can just get over, suck it up and just do. He finally got brave enough to try the balance bike after lots of patience and coaxing. He rode it the whole way home from the park- I carried it to the park after he promised to try on the way home. He did it!! Once he noticed he could do it for a minute, his confidence just kept growing! He kept tyring, and trying. The words, "I want to ride my bike," came from his mouth. I was so excited for him! It's hard and scary to do new things, especially if we feel we have no control. But he did it! Even if he only balanced for a minute. This kid lifted his feet when he didn't want to! He believed in himself, trusted himself. It's been a day I've been waiting for. I'm so proud of him!!

0 comments: