Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Famous last words...

WE got a REAL dog!



Everybody meet Ace. Dustin had been looking since Tami's dog came to our house with her son Tanner. We got him 4 days ago. We have been pretty busy with him. I have been a little slow on blogging.

He is a miniature schnauzer. He is a fun, loving, mellow puppy. He's 10 weeks old. He has been great for the kids. They love having a dog. He is almost house broke. I'm hoping he gets the idea soon. He hasn't been too bad. He is very good with the little girls. He let's them pick him up and drag him. He gets them back when they're playing! He loves to tug on their clothes and nip their bums. He knows they are playing. He only does it then. Our last puppy was irritated by the kids, so it makes us all happy.


The boys are so responsible! They have really taken charge (I can't complain). They make sure he's fed, watered, and his poop is scooped. We haven't had to get after them at all. He's really attached to the boys. He gets sad if they leave.

We are happy, just busy. It's a little like having another child, but we enjoy it. Here's some cute snapshots.







7 comments:

BrieAnn said...

I'm a fan of Ace!

thecustercrew said...

I would really like to get a dog, just for security when Kyle is gone. My kids complain about having to take care of the cats, so for now a dog is out. Ace looks like lots of fun. I'm glad it is working out for you.

Jayleen said...

I often think that a dog wouldn't be too bad, but Jeff wants a BIG dog, and a big dog and a big appetite, and big poop, that I'm not willing to clean up. The kids look like they are having a blast! Have Fun!

Taryn said...

Wow- ya caved huh? Just please don't let Adam know :) I know he wants a dog....but I said not right now. I guess there is a time for everything though. Looks like the kids are having a BLAST!

Kristin said...

ACE is SO cute! Looks like you're all having fun with him! The fact that you got a dog is proof that you're NOT an uptight person (as mentioned in your previous post). I guess this means I AM uptight, since a dog is definitely "out" at our house. :-) Maybe someday, I'll chill out, and we'll get a dog...maybe.

i said...

Your dog looks like much more fun than our dog...Glad you have older kids to help care for it! Enjoy!

The Bach 10 said...

You are such an awesome mom to get a dog for your kids. I know it is like another child. But the lessons and memories your kids will have will be worth it.

Good Luck!! If you were up tight before you have lost those feelings for now!! Good for You!!