Friday, May 15, 2009

It's a Fact... I'm Old

Aaron came home from school yesterday very excited about his substitute teacher. His teacher's mom died so she is away for 10 days. Usually I hear how terrible or mean a sub is. He doesn't like change much and gets a little grumpy about it. Well, not today! Here is part of that conversation:


Aaron: "Mom you know why I like him so much?"

Me: "No. Why do you like him so much?"

Aaron: "Because at recess, he plays basketball with us."

I had to admit that was pretty cool. Not many teachers left who are willing to get down on the kid's level and interact that way with them. Not many girl teachers who will play basketball with their kids.

Me:" Wow! That is pretty cool. Is he older or is he young?"

Aaron: "Uhh, he's kind of in the middle. He's like 20 or something."

I laughed. Well if twenty is in the middle, I must be closer to the "old side" than I thought! I love their perspectives!

1 comments:

Taryn said...

No to mention the fact that boy teachers are way cooler than girl teachers (to boys anyway)