Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Gathering Flowers

I'm sure you all remember when you were little gathering flowers for your mother as you walked. Often they were probably those lovely YELLOW weeds you could always find in abundance, or maybe the neighbor's tulips, Alissa!

I woke up Sunday feeling rather poorly. My body ached and I had this massive headache. After googling 'symptoms of swine flu' and being reassured by Dustin that I was not contaminated with the virus, I fell asleep as my family left for church. I was able to rest a little-I decided to keep Becca, no parent should try to "go it alone" with her!

As they came home, I was greeted with all their little handouts and stories of what they had learned at church. I was feeling a little better. My headache was subsiding because I took my beloved, and trusted, friend IBUPROFEN! But I needed some more quiet, so I suggested the kids take the dog on "the long walk". They got the dog and took him.

I was awakened again as the girls came running into my room, anxious to show me what they had done. They had gathered some beautiful flowers for me! I might add that they were not YELLOW! Aaron came in with a TULIP. Sorry to whoever happened to supply the tulip! It was little! It will come back next year!

They all wished for me to feel better. It must have worked because by the evening I was feeling a lot better!

I wish I had a vase full of all the flowers my kids have given me! A lot would be YELLOW, but there would be an occasional pretty one, and even the kind I get to blow and make a wish!



I decided to take a picture of this lovely bunch. Why didn't I think of that years ago?

7 comments:

The Bach 10 said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Brittany Marie said...

Look how cute! Whose yard did they get those from- I want to go pilfer my own bouquet! :p

Feel better soon!

Taryn said...

NOTHING BEATS FLOWERS THAT ARRIVE IN LITTLE CHUBBY FISTS! (Even if they are "weeds") You have very thoughtful kids and I'm glad the you are feeling better!

Audrey Taylor said...

How thoughtful and sweet your children are. I'm glad you got to rest a lot. That's probably what you needed.
:>

Kierst said...

That sounds like what I had a few weeks ago- it was MISERABLE! But I am glad you got some flowers to make up for it :)

Darrell and Alissa said...

Glad you are feeling better and that you don't have swine flu!!:) The kids used to pick TON'S of flowers for me until we planted our rose bushes. One big pull on a thorny bush and they don't pick or grab quite as quick as they used to!
I can't help it if our neighbor had beautiful tulips that I felt needed picking! Tulips are still my favorite flower!!

i said...

aren't kids sweet!