Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

It is Mother's Day. Since I am the 9Th 0f 11 children,and I'm waiting to get through to my mom on her line, I thought I would blog about her.

My mom, Sandra, was born in Arizona. It is there that she met my dad, fell in love, and got married. Together they raised 11 children. Yes, 11! I couldn't even imagine.

I love it when she talks about having all these kids. She stopped for a while after 6, then had 5 more, all a year apart. I was complain of having Kate and Becca so close, I couldn't imagine adding three more kids to the mix,all spaced about the same time apart.

My mom was "Young Mother of The Year" for AZ in 1977. She was pregnant with her 10th baby.She was "Mother of the Year" for NV in, I think, 2003. I remember being very proud of her. And she truly deserved those awards!

I thought it would be fun to fill out a survey about my mom, like the ones the kids do in school. Keep in mind I really don't know some of these answers!

My Mother is 30+years old
Her favorite food is salad
Her favorite color is red
She likes to read, sing, & change her furniture around
If she liked animals,I think she would like a dog, even though she has a cat
She is good at singing, being organized, writing
I admire her because she is patient, relaxed, and a strong independent woman
I love her because she is a beautiful lady who cares for everyone. She does not judge someone by what she has heard or what they look like.She gets to know them and make her own opinion about them, and usually it turns out that everyone else was wrong. This is something I try to emulate.

I love you, Mom! I'm thankful for your good example. I'm thankful for all that you have taught me, and still teach me! I still say in my mind, "When I grow up,I want to be just like my mom!"


Happy Mother's Day!

PS I had a good day! The kids gave me cute gifts. Ryan made me some chocolates, Aaron made me a fabulous book that held all of his projects for the year, Grace made me a key chain, and Kate and Becca made me some cute cards! I also bought myself some cute shoes! I'm so thankful for my kids and the opportunity to be their mom. It is the hardest, most challenging thing I have ever done, but I wouldn't change it for the world. Thanks for breakfast guys!! French toast and sausage are my favorite!

6 comments:

The Bach 10 said...

You are an awesome daughter to know so much about your mom and post about it. What a perfect way to keep the memories!! Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

thecustercrew said...

We really do have an awsome mom and she really does like to change the furniture around. I think her favorite pet would be a dog too. You guys were probably to young to remember, but she had a soft spot for the dogs. I'm glad you had a great day. Happy Mother's Day

Kristin said...

One of the thing I remember about your mom was that she liked to change her furniture around. I love the picture you included--it's exactly how I remember your parents. I'm glad you had a Happy Mother's Day!

Taryn said...

Happy mother's Day to you Larae! Mother's Day always makes those "bad" days fade away and make it all worth it!

Kerri said...

I love that you did this is honor of your mother! I remember your mother well. She is an amazing lady!!! How lucky the both of you are to have each other!!!

Darrell and Alissa said...

So funny everyone remembers Mom moving furiture- that's what I remember too! We are very blessed to have such a great mom- seriously, can you imagine raising 11 kids?! It makes me ill to think about it!!