Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Remembering 8/26/2011

I wanted to blog this on the Friday, but I ran out of hours in my day. I didn't want to forget what happened and how I felt though, so just pretend with me! :)

Today has been a trying day for me. Dustin has been gone all week for SWAT training, so I have been really stressed. I have not felt good all week.

Ryan has been the number one priority on my mind. He has been acting like a teenager lately. No surprise because he is one, but surprising to me because he has always been a good kid. He is a good kid, just annoyed by his family, I guess. Doesn't want to be with us much. It kind of hurts my feelings. I think we're a pretty cool family. He told his friend, Nathan, today that we embarrass him. Not sure how. I guess it is something I will have to get used to.

I'm sick and tired of feeling yucky. I have had neck and back pain for way too long. I finally have an appointment to get checked out. Hopefully it is not too serious. It seems it gets really bad when I start my period. I hate that too. Love being a woman, except for that one week of the month!

My fridge is driving me nuts! It needs to be cleaned out, I just haven't had the chance. I opened it this evening and the sour cream container wanted to escape, I guess. It jumped out of the fridge, fell to the floor, and burst open. We had sour cream everywhere. That was the third spill of the day and I just lost it. I wanted to retire for the night, but no one to tag team. :(

After dinner was cleaned up- which went fast because my 13 year-old son who doesn't like us helped- Dustin showed up! Everyone ran out side to greet him. I had a new surge of energy and he was a sight for sore eyes!

We were all sitting in the living room enjoying Dad. Becca came up to me with a note:

to: MoM
From: BeccA

Mom I hAve A fAvorite color And it is green.
What is your's?

I wrote:

Becca, my favorite color is green too! I have a favorite toe. It is on my right foot. It is the third toe. Do you have a favorite toe?

Becca wrote:

MY fAvorite toe is on MY Jeft Foot. it is the second toe.

We giggled and I wrote:

Oh, alright. I will remember to kiss it goodnight!

I was so thankful for that note because it made me laugh and got me out of my incredibly bad mood. My kids could tell and suggested a movie. We let them pick. They picked a family home video, my favorite one! We watched the year 2004. Kate's birth is on that one. It reminded me to let Dustin know I wasn't pregnant. We were worried.

When the fhv was done we packed the truck with blankets and pillows and headed over to our stake center. We spent the rest of the evening enjoying our Stake movie night.

Maybe being a woman this week wasn't so bad. Not when I've got such a good family. They can turn a yucky day into a great day. I'm so thankful for that.



3 comments:

ChicChat said...

I'm sorry to hear you had such a yucky week to begin with. But I'm glad it turned out ok. (Its days like those "Yucky" ones when we need to rely on each other.) Don't for get that! Love you!

Judy said...

Thanks for posting this ~ it made me cry, I have had a hard week & a little boy that is having struggles too! You helped me stop & remember to see the happy little things!!

Rach said...

Thanks for that sweet post. It too reminded me to enjoy the journey. Let me know what they do about your back pain. Mine was worse around that time of the month as well, but it took forever to find what was causing it, so if they aren't able to find something, call me and schedule and MRI.