Sunday, May 13, 2012

Kate is Eight!

Who would be crazy enough to schedule a cruise a week before their daughter's baptism? Yeah, we would. FYI, not a good idea. I spent the week in between shopping for a dress, trying to schedule a bishop's interview, and giving late notice to family because I failed to make invites before we left! Typical Larae brain.

After the craziness of the week, it was nice for Saturday to arrive. Kate was so excited! Her baptism was at 10 am. We were glad to have family and friends come to support her in her big decision. My mom and Robyn came from Vegas and Jeff and Staci came from Kaysville. Dustin's parents, Shandi (his sister) and Jaren, Wendy (his sister) and Cory, and Taryn( another sister) and Adam all came as well. It was nice to have so much family! We were glad Grandma Nelson came too!

They asked Dustin and I to bear our testimonies after. How sweet that was to have the Spirit so strong. I told Kate the things I remembered from my baptism day. I challenged her to remember her favorite thing and to never forget it. Then she will remember the day. I later asked her what that thing would be, she said this:

My favorite thing was getting confirmed. I liked it when all the men in the room who had the priesthood stood around me. I received the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I hope she never forgets. that is a very important gift!

Here are some pictures from our day:










I thought it would be fun to start interviewing my kids as they grow. A birthday is a perfect start!

Kate's 8 year-old Interview

favorite color- blue and purple
favorite food- cheese pizza
favorite song- Crazier by Taylor Swift
favorite animal- wolf
favorite book- Pecos Bill, Cowgirl Kate and Coco
what do you want to be when you grow up- cowgirl
favorite outside activity- kick ball
what do you like about yourself- that I'm smart
friends- Liz, Mackenzie, Riley, Rylan, Chloe,
 Benny, Brennon, Kaycee, Makaylee, Rossmir, Joey
Lauren, Sydnee, Rachel (the list goes on)
talent- putting both my legs behind my head
favorite movie- The Perfect Game
something you learned to do while you were 7-
draw hieroglyphics, ride a two wheeler, how
to catch a baseball right-with two hands

We love you Kate! Your smiley face makes our smiles bigger. You are eager to help and love being a "big kid". I can't wait to see all that you accomplish in this life.






1 comments:

Judy said...

What a cutie!!! My little girl turns 8 in July & I love your interview idea!!!!!! So fun!!!