Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

I enjoy Mother's Day. Motherhood is worth celebrating. And we celebrate in style!! We honor Mother's Day with no fighting, mom gets to rest all she wants, and what she says goes! I can't think of a better day.

Dustin had to work this year, so he took me out early. On Saturday night he told the kids to get ready because he was taking me to dinner and they were going with us. In our house this is a BIG DEAL. We rarely take the kids out. Two reasons, 1. Money. It is expensive to feed 7 mouths. 2. When they were little, they would order, but NEVER finish. We felt it was wasteful. So when we go out, they are super excited.

Ryan happened to be at a friend's house, hanging out, when the announcement was made. He called to see if he could go see The Avengers with his friend. We feel that he is getting old enough to make his own choices. I know how bad he wanted to see this movie. Dustin told him our plans and let him choose. He said, "I'll call you back in five minutes. I have to think about it." I was happy when he called to say he would go with us! Later, when I told him how happy his choice made me, he said, "I just didn't want to spend my money." Hmmm, typical teen. But, deep down I know he wanted to be with us.

We went to Wingers, my favorite place. I could eat chicken all day long. It sure was yummy.




When we got back, I wanted to take a picture with my kids. I feel this is important. I don't have many with my mom or dad. It makes me sad to think of this. I want to have pictures of me with my kids.








I look at these photos and I can't believe how old I have gotten and how BIG my kids are! In my mind I still feel pretty young, but look at that picture! That is a grown woman with no little kids! It makes me miss the days when they were small. Having older children is different, but I'm learning to enjoy it.

Sunday, my kids woke me up with breakfast in bed. This was a little surprising because their father was gone. Nobody to help and nobody to remind. They made me scrambled eggs with salsa, whole wheat toast, and a bowl of cheerios- all my favorite things! I was informed how they came to choose scrambled. They couldn't make an omelet and sunny-side up had a yoke in it, sometimes I don't eat the yoke. the funny part was they never took the yoke out of the scrambled! So cute the way they think.

They made me coupon book. It contained redeemable coupons for things they would do around the house. I got a chuckle when I opened it. All the coupons were for their chores! I said, "Oh, this must be A We Have to Listen the First Time coupon book. I like that idea! No whining and complaining allowed."

I am honored to be the mom to these great kids. We have our days when we are not getting along, but they are fun and wonderful. I couldn't think of a better thing to do with my life. I am devoted to them and their success. I love them more than anything!

1 comments:

Taryn said...

You are a fantastic mother and it reflect in your kids cause they are turning out fantastic too!