Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mexico 2012

A year and a half ago, Dustin and I were able to go on a cruise to Mexico. We loved it so much, we couldn't wait to do it again. We looked for deals to other places, but found a great deal going back to Mexico! We booked it. Sure, we had been there before, but we never really could say we did everything, so it was worth it to go back. We thought it would be fun to go with other people. We were excited when our friends, the Corderos and Grables, expressed an interest in going with us. The Corderos weren't able to come. :(  But we were happy to be joined by Scott and Stephanie.

It was a seven day cruise. The first two days were on the boat. We lounged around and ate. We also attended the nightly shows. Dustin and I even made it to the gym. Gotta work off those calories!! It was rather cold because we were not in Mexico waters, but once we hit them on the 2nd day, it sure was nice. We laid out by the pool with our friends.

Day three we spent in Cabo. Upon arrival, we scouted for the best deals in town for something to do. We settled on Ocean kayaking and snorkeling. We kayaked to Lover's Beach. It was about a 20 minute trip. There Scott, Stephanie, and Dustin headed out to see the fish.  I volunteered to hang back and watch our stuff. Water is not my most favorite thing. I continued working on my tan. We were there for about two hours. It was nice to feel sand in between your toes and to play in the water.

We kayaked back and ate at a local restaurant, something we did not attempt last time. We experienced the city. We port in downtown Cabo. I enjoy seeing the culture and how they differ from us. If we ever go again, I think I would really like to taxi in deeper to the city. We visited the shops searching for souvenirs for our kids. Last time I went crazy on them; this time, I just wanted to find something I thought they would really enjoy. I bought the girls some bracelets.  

Here are a couple pics from day 1. They are just of us enjoying the city.



I couldn't believe this. It was 85* with 85% humidity. It was HOT!! They do anything for money. We watched this man scare a few people. Worth the laugh.


This was taken on our ship. This is Land's End. It is the end of the Baja Peninsula.  The rocks are beautiful!


We spent two days in Cabo. We boarded the ship late the first day. They have to leave the port and hang out about 10 miles out in the ocean. We ported again the next day. This time we were oding nothing but sight seeing. For $10 a person we were able to get a "glass bottom boat" to take us to see Land's End and the rock formations. On the way out we were lucky enough to see some whales. It was pretty neat to be so close. A little nerve wracking because our boat really was not the fanciest and the whales were close.






The Arch at Land's End



Scooby - Doo Rock facing The Witch


This little guy  found a perfect spot. This rock is the last of Land's End. 


Lunch in town with the Grables



After our boat ride, we made our way to the city to shop. We bought the boys some shirts. We did something Dustin and I were a little hesitant to do last time... we tried the local food!  It was okay and we survived.

The next day, Thursday, we found ourselves in Puerto. We had booked an excursion before we left Utah. We were going to zip line through the jungle. There were 14 zip lines! I admit I was nervous. Not a fan of heights. But, once I got up there and felt comfortable with what I was doing, it was a blast! The guys who run the canopy tour were great, very entertaining! I wish we had taken more pictures, but it's kind of hard when you're holding onto a pulley, coasting on cables that take you  through the tree tops of a jungle. We did get suckered into buying the video. :) Afterwards we ate at the village restaurant. Best nachos I've ever had!!


On the boat in Puerto.


Los Veranos Canopy Zip-line

The drive to the zip line was 45 min long. It was nice to drive through the city. I love the culture! If I ever take a trip without Dustin, I will spend most of my time walking the streets taking pictures. When we got back to the port, the Grables and I visited the Wal-mart down the street. I just wanted to see how it was different (notice how Dustin didn't come along, not his thing). You'll be glad to know that their Wal-mart is different. Ours are more organized and nicer. Their fresh fish section is huge since they are on the ocean. One interesting thing was the size of their mannequins. The women were well endowed and slim, but the men were husky. Interesting.

The last days we were on the boat. The sea was rough and it felt like we were getting tossed every which way. We spent our time eating and resting. We watched a few comedy shows and night shows. It was fun. I was happy to do it again. The only bad thing was when we arrived home and I weighed myself.

I want to thank my family for taking my kids. We drove to Vegas and dropped my kids off at my Mom's and Lea Ann's. I know that Kymber, Shanae, and Audrey all helped too. My kids had a blast. Thanks for entertaining them all 7 days. I was able to enjoy myself knowing my kids were in good hands.

1 comments:

Rach said...

Love all the pictures! Next time you book, call us! We'd love to join you ;) Isn't family wonderful. So nice to know the kids are well taken care of, so you can enjoy yourself. Hope you're vacation brain wears off sooner than mine! Miss you!