Friday, January 24, 2014

Dress Up

I should have taken pictures, but I didn't. My kids had cousins over and they were all playing dress up. It's been a while since any of my kids have taken out their dress up bag. Yes. I still have one. Every house needs dress up clothes. I love dress up clothes! When else can a girl feel like a true princess? A fairy? Or in our case today, Cece from Shake it Up, or Harry Potter?  I guess you can always imagine it, but having a costume sure makes you feel the part.
 
I love that they chose to put down everything technological and  became someone different. I'm beginning to wish we had no TV again, iPods were non-existent, and game consoles would disappear. When your kids are using their brains, you get to see who they really are. Their personalities are so vibrant! Kate has told me that she might wear her Harry Potter robe to school, like she used to. I sure hope so! I loved driving by and being able to pick her out of the children playing on the play ground. It made me chuckle. It made me happy.

0 comments: