Friday, January 17, 2014

Ryan is 16!! (I can't believe it)

Ryan turned 16 earlier this month. I asked him if he felt different and he shrugged his shoulders. I guess not. I was so excited to be 16! I wanted to know why he seemed unimpressed. Here was his list: now he has to get a job if he wants to drive (we make our kids pay for their insurance, poor babies), he will now pay taxes, and when he goes on a date, he gets to spend money on other peoples' wives...

WOW!! He sucked the fun out of that! Thanks adults that have been telling my child all of this! Mainly my husband. And a few leaders. I have decided to try to get this kid excited. I'm not sure yet, but I will.

For his birthday, we took him to dinner and gave him his money- that's what they want now a days. Dustin and I filled him in on dating and what we do expect out of him. We want him to treat young ladies with respect and take care of them. We gave him our best advice: open her car door, don't pick you nose, use your best manners, be engaged in conversation, no making out, and so forth. It ended up being a great dinner. Ryan is a good kid!

When we first moved from West Jordan, he was in tears. Now he loves it out here. He has made quite a few friends. He loves the school! He has had straight As, a great improvement for him. He never did terrible in school, but he never put 100% in before. He is now realizing the difference when you do. He is in his 3rd year of French and loving it! He has retained it really well ,even his teacher is impressed. We went and got his learner's permit. he's legal to drive now with an adult. He's been driving all along...oops. The kid knows all the rules on the road! It kind of boggles my mind! I'm corrected often. He loves to play basket ball and football. I'm not sure if he plans to try-out this coming year. We missed football try-outs this year, and he didn't make the basketball team this year. Either way, he's good at both. Utah is competitive! 

I interviewed him. It was fin to hear his answers. A lot I knew, some were new. That's why I do it.

favorite color: green
favorite food: steak
favorite candy bar: Mr Goodbar
favorite animal: rhino (?)
favorite subject in school: Networking Systems
favorite hobby: parkour
favorite book series: Percy Jackson
favorite movie: The Dark Knight Rises
What would you do if you had a million dollars? buy an Xbox 1 and a Mitsubishi Eclipse, then save the rest (glad he's thinking of school)
What do you want to do when you grow up? open my own computer software company

What a good kid! Ryan, we love you and are glad to have you part of our family! I know we embarrass you at times, but you are always willing to claim us!






0 comments: