Saturday, January 25, 2014

My Baby is One

I can't believe Britten is one! It seems like it was just yesterday that we were looking at him, in awe that we now had 6 children.





His first year has brought a lot of change to our house. We no longer get to sleep uninterrupted. He loses his binki 3 times at night, at least! Everybody knows when it happens because the kid has a great pair of lungs. We recently installed a gate at the top of our stairs. His favorite thing to do right now is scare us! He knows if he heads toward the stairs a bunch of people will get up and start running. He thinks it's a fun game. Little stinker! He also likes to throw anything down them. I'm sad that I have holes drilled into my banister and marks all along the walls, but I'd be even sadder if he took a tumble!



The first thing people comment on when they see him is his big eyes! The next would be his cute smile and dimples. He's a little charmer and knows exactly what to do when someone notices him.  He grins really big and then blinks his eyes and giggles. He knows how to work it for sure!




One thing he is starting to get good at is jibber-jabber. He is starting to realize the sounds he has been making mean something. It's been super cute to watch. These are things I have forgotten about. It has been really fun to be part of it again. He can say ba-ba, ma-ma, da-da, ball, and he calls his binki "di-di". If you ask him what a dog says, he will "woof". He makes the cutest fishy sounds, too. 

Books are a favorite. He will actually sit still and let you read to him now. When music plays, his shoulders start moving and then his whole body. He loves balls, blankets, and shoes! 

He is getting bigger everyday! He has been walking for about a month and four teeth have broken through! 

I wasn't sure about starting all over again, but I can say it has been the most fun! I have lots of helpers and they love it! I can't wait to see the new things this little man starts doing. We all can't!


Happy 1st Birthday, Britten!!











 







0 comments: