Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What's a Mom to Do...

when her boys won't behave and get along?


Ryan and Aaron were having a hard time going a day without fighting and getting angry with one another. I had reached my limit. They couldn't go 10 minutes without arguing. I started lecturing them. Dustin arrived home from work during this lecture. He is never happy when he comes home and I am having a bad day.
He turned around and walked back into the garage. He came back in silently. All he said was, "Boys, stand back to back, and put your arms up." The boys reluctantly followed his directions. He pulled a roll of packing tape from behind his back,and "wrapped" them up. They were laughing, but not for long!

tried to get more pictures, but Ryan was upset I was taking some (ignore the sink of dirty dishes my sink is always full)

They had to go everywhere together. At first Ryan dragged Aaron everywhere! He was missing the point of the whole reason they were connected. Dustin said, "Ryan,you will not move one foot until you have consulted with your brother. You make sure he wants to go that way." They were this way for about an hour! They had to go up stairs together,it was kind of funny. Aaron asked,"Dad what if we have to go to the bathroom?" We both replied in unison,"You'll have to figure it out." I love it when we're on the same page. Thankfully they never did. I would end up having to clean the mess! They have learned to get along. I haven't had to get upset with them about their fighting. I know siblings fight, I had 10 of them! My boys were just out of control. So you might want to think about it next time your kids can't get along.

No kids were harmed in this process

3 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

That is so funny!! I'll admit- I have thought about doing it- maybe I will- seems like it worked!

thecustercrew said...

I think that's great. I am always telling Kylea and Logan I am going to make them share a room if they can't learn to get along. I think this would be way better and alot more fun to watch.

i said...

Great thinking! They will love that picture, someday at least! And about the dishes...don't let it happen again! :0) j/k we all like to know that other people are normal too!