Monday, July 14, 2008

Beauty's in the Eye of The Beholder

Have you ever had one of those, "I'm just ugly today" days? Well, I've had a few since I've allowed my hair to grow out. I pull it back just for the sake of time, least attractive style. My face has also become a dot-to-dot puzzle. The oil around the face is terrible! I feel like I have re-entered high school. Needless to say, I've just been feeling awful.



Thankfully I was given 5 little angels to make me feel better. They can really boost your self- esteem! I have mentioned how Kate loves to sing her own songs, well lately they have been about how beautiful her mom is. She looked right at me the other evening and said, "Mom, you're so pretty (I was in jogging pants, t-shirt, and yes hair pulled back, not to mention my skin problem)! She made me smile.

As I was getting ready to go outside with the kids and prepare for battle in our water balloon fight the other day, Grace happily said, "Mom, you look awesome!" I guess I should tell you, I was in my swimming stuff. Not very flattering when you have about 20 lbs. to lose. She made me smile!



I know mac-n-cheese is not the prettiest or fanciest dish, but when your boys say, "Mom, you make the best macaroni and cheese! Can I have some more?" you can't help but take their plates happily and fill 'em up!



I think Heavenly Father gave us kids to make us feel better about ourselves! They truly see the love in things instead of what we have dubbed reality! I hope to be able to look past the "reality" and see the LOVE. Everything is beautiful that way.

7 comments:

i said...

The more kids...the more compliments! A nice treat for a mother of many! I love it when Justin tells me I look pretty.

Kristin said...

Another awesome post from you! You're really helping me to "get" what life is SUPPOSE to be about--LOVE (rather than what I so often LET it be about.) Thanks! I think you're awesome and beautiful, too!

Jayleen said...

I've been having the same problem with my hair since trying to grow it out...today it's back in a pony tail because I'm on my way to get a cut and color and I'm still deciding if it's worth it to try and grow it out. Aren't kids the best, they are so sweet and complimentary.

The Bach 10 said...

I know Heavenly Father gave us children to learn more patience and to help us feel better about raising them. If they weren't our own loving beautiful kids we wouldn't feel the great love just looking at them. I know I must of needed a lot of love because I have many children. I know you will see the Love and yes everything is beautiful that way. I just finished our weekend in AZ. I did another slide show on our Family Reunion Page if you want to see it.

I cried while reading your last few postings all at once. I am so blessed to have you and all your friends have awesome comments. They all have a great love for you as well as you for them. Glad to have such a great cousin. I think you are the only one I know of these days!! Thanks for your example!!

Audrey Taylor said...

Wow, that was a great post. I hope my kidlets look at me that way.

Darrell and Alissa said...

It's so great when the kids give us a little praise- it helps to make us feel like we are important to them- not just for dinner, and clean house and clothes!
The humidity here is not so good for my skin- I look like I am going through puberty- I'm going to see a dermatologist- that's how bad it gets!

thecustercrew said...

You have always been beautiful inside and out and that is what your kids see. They are just stating the obvious. We are sometimes just too hard on ourselves. I just enjoy all the good compliments when they come and ignore the ones about my rear end being big from Tanner. In his defense they usually come when he is coming up the stairs directly behind me. He too is just stating the obvious. What can I say I have good genetics.