Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July

We were able to go to the parade this year. We really do have a sad little parade, but the kids are always so excited. We sat at the very front of the route this year. It was nice because the kids SCORED in the CANDY department.


We went with our friends the Corderos. Later that night we had a BBQ and FIREWORKS. The kids loved the SPARKLERS.

Later in the weekend we were able to go north to KAYSVILLE, and spend time with some of my family. Jeff and Staci live there. Alan and Natalie were visiting. We ate pizza at a park. The kids loved it! It sat next to a hollow, or the "forest" as grace calls it. They liked hiking through it. It reminded me of the park I used to play at in Lee's Summitt, MO. when I was little. I wish I had remebered my camera. They had succh fun with the cousins.


I am so grateful to live in a country of FREEDOMS. We truly live in a blessed land!













3 comments:

i said...

I love small town parades...even if quaint. Glad you and the kids had fun!

Jennifer said...

It looks like you guys had fun. I would love to take my kids to a parade, but Jared ALWAYS has to work on the holidays. I'm not brave enough to take them alone.

The Bach 10 said...

awesome pictures. Glad you had such fun. I had to catch up with your blog postings because we have been out of town and I didn't take time on the computer while there much. Where was the parade you went to>