Sunday, November 16, 2008

12 Years Old!

Dust and I are celebrating out 12th wedding anniversary! Time flies by so fast but when I asked, "Has it felt like an eternity?"

He jokingly said, "Yes."

We went for a stroll down memory lane. For dinner we went to Jalisco, it's a Mexican restaurant. It is the first place we ate together, over 13 yrs ago! We both agreed it is not as good as it used to be, but it was fun to think back of our dating years, well I guess 9 mo.

We went downtown and went to The Off Broadway Theatre. We frequented that place a lot! we loved Quick Wits (now Laughing Stock). It is an improv production. It still amazes me that they are able to think of things right off the top of their heads. I thought they did really well, Dust was a little bummed because his favorite actor was not there. It was still fun!

We rode the Trax and boy was that an adventure. There was a homeless lady on there and she was just full of information! In case you didn't know tall people learn to grab there cups without spilling before us short people, due to their long fingers and all! So if you don't want to spill your drink, you need to grow! It was fun to learn that she has tips for writing a resume. Unfortunately we got off before we were able to read her English paper. I'm sure it would have been fascinating! Poor guy next to us. It was a good laugh.

We talked a lot and reminisced the good old days before kids and all. We talked about that maybe we don't have the perfect marriage, but if we keep working at it we will get to where we want to be.

It would have been fun to hit all the places we dated, or where he proposed, but Paul's Par Three no longer exists. The two of us had fun when we dated. We are getting old, so we don't remember everything, but we're pretty sure we enjoyed being together!!

Happy 12th, Dust. I love you!

November 16, 1996

Look how young we are!

8 comments:

Brittany Marie said...

I loved reading all about you guys! Wow, 12 years? Congratulations! Que and I are looking at our 8th anniversary in May. And no, you are not getting old!! Please!! :p

Mhari said...

Congrats! 5 seemed like a long time to me but I can't imagine 12 yet. :-) I wish you another 12 happy years!

Jayleen said...

Ahhh, the adventures of taking trax and listening to all the interesting people! Congratulations on 12 years. You are an awesome couple! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

thecustercrew said...

Congratulations on your incredibly long 12 years. jk :) Isn't it funny how it seems like yesterday, but you can't imagine life without them. I am so glad our families are forever. Congrats, we love you guys. Can't wait to see you.

i said...

wow! i love seeing the wedding pics...you look much the same. oh so cute.

Shauna said...

Happy Anniversary!!

The Bach 10 said...

Happy Anniverary! You both seem so young. And are definately so happy!!

Kristin said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you got to go out and celebrate! I'm also glad I got to be part of your big day 12 years ago.