Monday, November 10, 2008

The 'REAL' Merritts

So, I promised you a glance of the REAL family pictures. I know that in photos we usually choose the one where everybody is at their best. We rarely want to expose ourselves of anything less than perfect.

Well, I'm a fan of reality. I'm not embarrassed to let you know of our little fumbles in life. Nobody likes the "perfect" people anyway. They always seem to depress us who do not fare so well.

While I won't be sending these pictures out with the Christmas cards, they will sit on my dresser... FRAMED! It will be my little reminder to not take life so seriously. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff!

My joy today comes from knowing my family isn't perfect and we don't claim to be. We know that we were put in families to help each other to be better. Some days we're better at it than others, the important thing is we just keep trying!

Dustin having a battle with the root he tripped over. Needless to say the root won! Aaron is the only one worrying to smile for the camera. Grace is trying not to be distracted. Too funny!



The 'True' Merritt kids! We love our crazy kids!

6 comments:

i said...

just as good as the ones where everyone was put together right. perfect is just so boring anyhow. where's the adventure in that. :)

Kristin said...

Thanks for the reminder to "Keep it real."

thecustercrew said...

I definately needed that reminder today. It's nice to know that getting pictures is difficult for other people too. I definately need to remember not to take life to seriously. If it isn't going to matter in five years from now, don't sweat it.

Taryn said...

I read this aloud to Adam and we were both laughing! So true!! We ditto it all!!!
PS I tagged you - check out my blog for the rules etc.

Audrey Taylor said...

I'm glad I was put into Ben's family, he helps me be better!

Janelle said...

I love these pictures! You're so right, we are all here trying to help each other become the best we can! That's perfection in my book! :) Thank you! I'm so impressed that you guys take your own family pictures!