Sunday, November 2, 2008

Family Prayer

We are counseled to pray each morning and night as a family. This is something I can say we are ALMOST perfect in. We are faithful in following this counsel. My joy today came from this daily event.

We start of by singing Let Us Gather in a Circle. This helps set the mood( whoever knew there was such a thing, but with children I feel it needs some help setting). We hold hands and Dustin calls on someone to pray. We USUALLY have the prayer, give kisses, I love yous, and then it is of to bed.

Tonight, it went something like this. We sang our song, held hands, and Becca started laughing. Her laughter was quite contagious. Soon all were laughing. Just as we composed ourselves, she would do it again, I would say it took a good five minutes to get around to praying.

Most parents might get frustrated, but we just chose to laugh right along with them. It made me happy that we were able to let go of the formality and just enjoy our kids.

3 comments:

The Bach 10 said...

Laughter is the best medicine in many occasions. It seems to take the tenseness away.

thecustercrew said...

It is amazing how contagious the laughter at prayer time can be. Conner is usually the ring leader at our house. Good for you for laughing along.

Audrey Taylor said...

"Let go of the formality and enjoy your kids" is one I'll have to write in my journal.
Thanks Larae