Friday, March 26, 2010

The Wii

I'm sure you might remember that I mentioned in my Jerry Seinfeld post that our kids were saving up for a Wii. Dustin and i agreed that they would each earn $20. After re-evaluating this idea, we decided the little ones wouldn't have to pay as much since the older ones would be doing all the playing. Kate and Becca were required to kick in $10 each.

I'm happy to report that they did it!! I'm happy they took this challenge and saved. Grace even had ten dollars left over! The boys will have $5 left when they earn back the money they had to pay me for cleaning up their disgusting room, it has stayed clean ever since!!

I"m proud of the fact that they did this without a lot of complaining. They seemed to understand that it was fair to help pay for it. When Dustin, Ryan, and Grace brought it home, the two of them even mentioned that it was "all of ours." In reality it was. Dustin and I couldn't say it was ours because we had an extra ten little hands working hard to earn it!! It was a proud mommy moment.

PS They played it for 2 hrs straight! Holy cow! And I think Kate and Becca played the most!! oops

3 comments:

Jayleen said...

I think that's such a great idea. I remember when I was younger my parents decided that we were all going to chip in to help pay for our family vacation. I think kids appreciate things more when they have to help pay and realize that not everything they get is free.

p.s. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you made your boys pay you to clean their room, I'm going to use that next time I am forced to clean his room because I can't stand the site of it.

Taryn said...

YEAAHH!! I'm happy that you guys got a Wii! They are so much fun!
and I am going to steal your idea about having the kids help pay for things! A little child labor never hurt anyone! :)

Rach said...

Welcome to the world of Wii! We love ours. The kids get sweaty playing boxing, and Winter Olympics. Its fun to see them having such a great time. Plus, it comes in handy with Taylor...he can earn or loose minutes depending on his behavior. He's so sweet that he saves up his minutes during the day so he can play with daddy when he gets home :) You'll have to get the new Mario game. Not only will it be the funnest thing to do with 4 of you, but the most frustrating as well :)