Saturday, September 11, 2010

Boy Day vs. Girl Day

Boy Day:

Dustin woke up early today and took the boys on an ATV ride with his dad, Russ. I heard they had a really good time. Aaron told me that his brother and him had a peeing contest. I guess a must when all boys are around. Who won? Aaron. He told me that he and Grandpa almost rolled the quad THREE times. Something every mother loves to hear. Thank goodness for helmets! I heard that Ryan acts a lot like his mom when it comes to getting too close to the edge of a mountain. I admit it, I'm a scardy- cat, so is Ryan. We have to have a couple people in this family with enough common sense to stay away from the edge, something bad could happen.


Girl Day:

We girls slept in. I ended up missing Super Saturday. I was bummed. We all got ready and went to do some shopping. I wanted to go to the Distribution Center. I needed a DVD and I wanted to buy the Preach My Gospel manual. I heard it's a good tool for family night. While there I learned that they discontinued the Gospel Art Kits. I was sad, but I improvised. I bought a few pictures of the Savior's life with the stories on back. I will pick a scripture related to the picture for everyone to memorize and keep both on the fridge all week. I envied the new Temple dresses, I think I will be buying one soon. My girls sat and watched a video of Christ the whole time. I left with the song, Jesus was No Ordinary Man stuck in my head.

On the way home we stopped and got some lunch. McDonald's of course!

I decided I wanted to venture to Seagull Book. We bought some coloring books and each girl got to pick a little something. Grace picked a stuffed animal, Kate picked a HUGE Batman coloring book (typical, anything NOT girly), and Becca chose a Hello Kitty sticker book.

Pretty eventful day, but I think I enjoyed my day more!! I love spending girl time with my girls. Next time we should probably switch. I'm up for doing boy things, but peeing contests are out! I'd loose anyway.

4 comments:

Maggie & Nate said...

The Girls day sounds so much more fun to me! I hate ATVs and peeing like a guy...that is not as easy as it looks...:0~
How fun!

Jayleen said...

I vote for the girls day any day. I'm also very scared of the edge. When growning up we'd always head up the mountains to go fishing and the drive was switch-backs, my dad would tease me by going as close to the edge as possible.

Jennae said...

At least they haven't moved on to contests with #2 yet......I remember my brothers having a contest on who's was "bigger" while we were camping one time. Sorry....too much info...

thecustercrew said...

I am always scared of the things Kyle does when I am not around. I am a too nervous when it comes to my kids sometimes. A couple of years ago when we were hiking at red rock I freaked out. I did not like my kids doing the rock scrambling. I finally realized I was the only mom freakin out, so I sat on the rock, kept Conner with me and let Kyle take all of the others all the way up. They kept calling to me, but I couldn't turn around and look at them. I just waved. Last week Kyle went and did some canyoneering training in Red Rock and wanted to take Max and Conner. I let Conner go, but not Max. Conner had a great time. Kyle lowered him down the cliffs into the Canyons. Conner did it on his own and was so proud of himself. He was with a friend who had a boy the same age. It was a really good day for Conner. I was glad I let him go, although I was really worried the whole time they were gone:) I think they need those days out with Dad and the girls need Mom days too.