Friday, September 10, 2010

Promises Not Forgotten

Dustin called me other day to inform me that he had been called into his Lieutenant's office. When he spoke these words my heart skipped a beat and butterflies swarmed in my belly. I feared what would come next.

He went on and informed me that in their visit he was praised tremendously for his work ethic. To use his Lieutenant's words, " they (his work achievements) are not going unnoticed." I was so excited for him! He leads in responses to calls, tickets, and a whole lot of other stuff that I don't quite remember. In some he more than leads, he blows the others out of water! His Lieutenant encouraged him to keep up the good work.

After we hung up the phone, I was reminded of all the apprehensions I had in coming to the conclusion that Dustin should make this drastic career change. Money being the #1 worry. I remember being told by the Spirit not to worry, that Dustin would move up quickly and we would be taken care of. It is a relief to see those promises being fulfilled. He has found favor with his Sargent, as well, who happens to be over all the overtime, part-time jobs. Coincidence? I don't think so. Dustin has been able to supplement a fair amount of the pay cut. He just got hired on for a permanent part-time position.

I feel very blessed and love. I am so grateful to know that Heavenly Father watches over us and keeps his promises. We just have to be willing to take that jump in the dark, trusting that His light will be there to guide us!

1 comments:

Maggie & Nate said...

Congrats! Way to go Dustin~