Monday, May 12, 2008

5 good, 5 bad

5 things I loved about today:

1. The rain, I love the way it smells

2. Kate's song she sang for me, it was to the tune of "We Are a Happy Family"

"I love Mom, she loves me, she loves us 'cause we're her children"
"We are your children huh Mom?" she asked

3. I joined Facebook, and was able to talk to a few high school friends, Erika and Freida.

4. Becca put herself to bed tonight.

5. My kids had a good day today. We all got along happily!


5 things I didn't like about today:

1. I didn't get caught up on my housework because of #2 (not the bodily function)

2. the power went out

3. Dustin had school, but he needs to get done

4. We spent most the day running errands

5. I'm tired


I know bad days come and go. Today was a good day! I may not have gotten a lot accomplished, but I was able to enjoy being a mom today. Some days it is a little harder to say that, even though deep down I will always enjoy being a mom. Little hugs, kisses, and songs make it hard to think otherwise.

I am grateful for Ryan, Aaron, Grace, Kate, and Becca. I thought all day long about how different they are, but I love their differences. That's what makes them individuals.

Ryan is good kid. Always willing to do what he is asked, even if he gets a little attitude. He's very obedient.

Aaron is my sensitive, wild child. He is a ball of energy, but is not as confident as he might lead you to believe. He always needs the extra boost. He is also very obedient. My boy's uncle calls them "Rod" and "Todd" from the Simpsons.

Grace is our little angel. She lets people know when they are not doing what is right. She is bubbly, happy , and friendly.

Kate is our "goofy" child, a crack up every minute. You can be trying to discipline her, and she decides it is a good time to tell you a knock-knock joke.

Becca is everybody rolled into one. I think that comes from having so many people to emulate.

I love my Kids!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I love this post. It is inspiring me to cherish my time with my children a little more. I also love the picture in the post below of you and your 5 beautiful/handsome children. To me, Ryan looks SO much like Dustin in that picture. It's always fun to visit your blog and see what you're up to.

i said...

Doesn't it help to list it out!? It definitely boosts perception! Thank goodness for all the delightful that cushions the dreaded.