Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day! I had a nice one. Dustin did not have a 6:30 a.m. meeting, so that was a blessing in itself! He was able to help get the kids ready. We had a nice day at church. I received a flower from the ward.

When we got home the kids helped pick up the mess that was made in the hurry of making sure we were on time. Then we sat down and gave gifts. Dustin and the kids gave me a massage gift certificate. It will be GREAT! I can't wait. The kids gave me the famous projects from school! I love all of those. I have posted pictures and captions.

Me and my kids!

Ryan gave me gifts that would last a week. He made sure that on most days he would be playing video games to "stay out of my hair." How thoughtful of him!

Aaron made me a cute little card thanking me to help him grow. The flower starts out small, then gets taller.

Grace made me her cute little hand prints. She also made me a card where she filled in the blanks. According to her I'm 48 years old, 38 inches tall, and I weigh 36 pounds! I like her vision of me. Who cares if I'm 17 years older, I only weigh 36 pounds!

Becca and Kate drew me some pictures. Kate wanted me to have my "Valentine's " card. She was very proud.

After presents they told me why they loved me.

Ryan- because she cleans the house

Aaron- because she helps me learn

Grace- because she is nice

Kate- because you give me kisses and hugs

Becca- because "I'm patient for you" (her interpretation of what Dustin whispered in her ear)

Dustin- because I'm a good example

I am so grateful to be a mom. I know it has its challenges, but I also know I can find no greater joy than in my family! Happy Mother's Day to all of you!




4 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

Glad you had a great day! The pictures are way cute- and the gifts to! Guess what one of my mother's day gifts was- blogging without grief from my husband!!

Jayleen said...

Very thoughtful kids! I'm glad you had a great day!

i said...

Did you give hints to get that massage??? Awesome! They all are so cute!

i said...

correction: They are all so cute!