Friday, May 30, 2008

School Projects

Ryan and Aaron have had some fun projects that have kept them busy this year. I thought I would share them.

I had a fun day today! I was able to go to Ryan's class and help them with their "county fair" (thanks Camille). In school they have been studying all the counties in Utah. Now that they are finished, they had a "fair." They had lots of games and goodies for the kids. The kids were to make their own floats. Ryan had Box Elder County. This is the county where the "golden spike" was laid to join the two railroads. You could travel east to west on one line. He decided to do a float on that.





(Ryan and his float)


(Can you see the golden spike?)




This was his Pearl Harbor report. He learned a lot from this. He wrote a great essay! It was for the national history fair. He was bummed that he wasn't picked to go to regions. He did a good job anyways.




Aaron chose to do a report on Martin Luther King, Jr. I like it when they pick him. I feel he was a very powerful, good man. I like them learning that it is important to treat ALL people with RESPECT.


Aaron's tetraheagion. (he had to spell it for me)
He didn't do this at school, but at scouts. I think it was pretty cool. He does too.
I'm so proud of my boys. They are such good students. Their teachers have nothing but good to say of them. They only have 3 more days of school. It will be fun to spend the summer with them.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

It looks like your boys' new school is great! They got to do some neat projects this year, and they did an awesome job on them (with a little bit of help from mom and dad, I'd imagine.)

Kristin said...

In my last comment, I meant to tell you what a great idea your "Thought for the day" is. I love it! Thanks!

i said...

For some reason Justin hasn't brought home projects like that yet!?!? What fun it is to see what older children can do!