Sunday, June 8, 2008

Refelections...


I was in sacrament meeting, listening to the speakers, and it dawned on me how much I take the Gospel for granted. I think it is so hard to stay focused sometimes (especially when your 2 year-old is telling the old lady behind you who is sleeping, "Hey, wake up!").

The Gospel is such a blessing. I am grateful to be here at a time when I know the Truth has been restored. What the Spirit was telling me today is that I need to remember when I was baptized I took upon me Christ's name. That meaning, I am to live as He would and become like Him. My will needs to be "swallowed up" in His will.


The speakers today did such a good job. They spoke on Fellowship and Service. Truly,treating others the way our Savior would if he were here. In RS we talked how a lot of times we think we are doing okay, only to find later that we have let our priorities slip. I know I am so guilty of this. I won't able to hear the rest because Ryan had a talk in Primary(Grace had one in Jr. Primary, my life story is preparing talks for church). I think I took away what the Lord wanted me to, though.

I am adding to my list of things to become "pure," as Sister Dew would say. It's getting to be quite lengthy. That's a good thing.

3 comments:

Jayleen said...

I loved the talks in Sacrament meeting yesterday too. Thank you for you insights and testimony.

i said...

I'm surprised that with so many kids you can listen in Sac. Mtg...I barely can with two! Glad it helped you out!

Audrey Taylor said...

Larae,
I want to see your "pure" list. Those are great thoughts, thank you for sharing them. Ben gave me a set of CDs by John Lund called Daughters of Eve. I was listening to the first one and like how it reminded us to be a higher better self. I think we should recommitt every day to be our best selves.