Monday, December 15, 2008

Go ahead, get it over with... LAUGH!

My sister had a fun tag. I was a little hesitant to do it, but I'm a good sport. I'm able to laugh at myself.

These are pictures of me in my glory years. Don't I look FABULOUS! I think the bolo tie really says it all. The glasses say a lot too, I guess. This was 7Th grade. Did I at least get the hair right? The shirt was a few sizes to big. I think it belonged to my sister who would have just graduated from high school. Thanks Lea Ann!

So, let's try it again. Most people only have that one year of awkwardness. How's this for you guys. I traded in the pink and blue glasses for the infamous tortoise shell glasses. And the head band? well, that's just some tank top material cut for that good stretch feel. Real head bands are too constrictive. Grace would vouch for me on that!




How long could my ugly look run? Here's 12Th grade! I was a senior? I look like I'm 12 still! Thank goodness for the big hair look! Unfortunately my ugly run ran from 7Th- 12Th grade. I think I've come along way. I will say I had two boy friends in high school. That's gotta say something.

So, now that you've had a good laugh, it is your turn! I want to see your pictures, all of you!

11 comments:

i said...

hey! i think you looked cute! chuck the glasses and you looked fantastic! just like i remember you :)

thecustercrew said...

The bolo tie was mine as well. I'm sorry that I helped to warp your wardrobe. Other than the glasses I think you looked pretty good. At least the big glasses trend was the beginning of nicer looking glasses and glasses not being so nerdy. You really did look pretty young in your senior pic.

thecustercrew said...

ps That bolo tie started out as Kevin's. I have a different senior pic for you, a different pose, same dress, but you look older in it. i'll have to email it to you

Darrell and Alissa said...

I really think the glasses made our bad years that much worse! Your senior picture is fine- way better then mine- remember i had the bangs that never did anything!? The headband cracked me up- I forgot about that!

Brittany Marie said...

Hahaha I think we bought glasses from the same place. I love the bolo tie. In elementary school I had pink wrangler jeans. I also had Claw Bangs.

The Bach 10 said...

I will do it now that I figured out how to scan pictures.

Shauna said...

I'm going to have to dig deep, real deep to find mine...I think most of my pictures are still at my parents.

Taryn said...

Oh yeah well I think that I am still in my awkward years! LOL I will see what I can dig up. But I'm not going to go out of my way to my mom's house to dig for photos :)

Jayleen said...

I'm so glad that I wasn't the only one with BIG glasses. I look back at some of my pictures and wonder "what was I thinking" but everyone else was wearing them back then too, so who cares right? You were a cutie and have turned out to be a very beautiful woman! Thanks for sharing :-)!!!

Kristin said...

Since I knew you during your glory years, I can honestly say that you never had an "ugly run." Even your glasses were in style...back then. :) If you hadn't been such a devoted girlfriend, you would've had a lot more boyfriends than the 2. Now, you're a devoted wife and mother, and still gorgeous! If I get the chance in the next month to actually post something new on my blog, I'll do this tag--it's a fun one! I'm always up for a trip down memory lane. Love ya!

Audrey Taylor said...

You're gorgeous!