Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holiday Season 2008

We had a really good Christmas! For years I have said I was going to simplify the whole present thing. I actually did it this year. The kids were a little taken back at first, but I still think they enjoyed their new stuff! They received only ONE present from Santa this year. You could kind of tell they were going to say, "This is all Santa brought?" They know better, so they kept quiet! Mom and Dad gave them two gifts, one big, one small, and then they got one from their siblings. I actually really liked doing this, it took more emphasis off of presents and put it back where it needed to be.

We did our annual Gift to Jesus Night. On Christmas Eve we "wrap" Him a gift. We make it a goal of something we will work on all year long. We then put it in a pretty box and set it under the tree. We will peek at them next year to see how well we did. I think I did pretty well this last year, but I have had to give it to Him the last few years! Hopefully this year will be better.

We had a very "white" Christmas this year, lost power and everything! We measured a foot of snow on Christmas day, and I think the next day we got another foot! It has not melted yet, bummer! It sure is pretty , but I don't like the mess it brings!

I cannot find my Christmas pictures!!!

4 comments:

Brittany Marie said...

Don't tell Que about the flying motorcycle thing. Hahaha. If he does ever get a motorcycle, he, Dustin, Matt, Dave and Roger should all start a Prairie 4th biker gang. I think it would be awesome.

I'm excited for you to do your kitchen! Remodels are always fun!

Kristin said...

It's always fun to hear what you've been up to. I'm looking forward to seeing your new kitchen! Your Christmas sounds great!

thecustercrew said...

Sounds like lots of fun. We just ripped apart our closet and totally re-did it. We are hoping it will help us to find some type of orginizaion in our bedroom. I can't wait to see the kitchen. We will come and see it in person if that is ok. We are planning a trip up there. I'll call you.

Taryn said...

Can't wait to see the countertops!!