Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Come What May, and Love It


Dustin called me this morning and told me that Elder Wirthlin had passed away last night. To read more about it click here.

I have come to love this cute little man. He has been one of my favorite apostles for a while. He is always so happy and positive.

For my visiting teaching lesson this month I chose his talk, Come What May, and Love It. It was such a good talk. I loved his stories. He shared 4 ways we can be happier in our struggles. He said, " If we approach our adversities wisely, our hardest times can be times of greatest growth, which in turn can lead towards times of greatest happiness."

This talk was so uplifting. Who doesn't struggle in life? If there is anybody on that list, I wanna be on it!

The four things he suggested we do in times of discouragement and pain is :

1. Learn to laugh

2. Seek the Eternal

3. Remember the principle of compensation

4. Trust in the Father and the Son

I will miss Elder Wirthlin, but I'm so happy that he is with his wife. I will always remember him and his example.

5 comments:

Taryn said...

I was saddened to hear of his passing, however since he was preceeded in death by his wife I like to think of the happy reunion they could be having. The world has lost another great man. I think that the Savior is calling his elect home and that the second coming is just around the corner.

Audrey Taylor said...

Thanks for teaching me this month! I would like to laugh more when I am having a hard time.

Kristin said...

I loved that talk, too! I love your new blog look, and the picture of your family at the top is GREAT!

The Bach 10 said...

Great family picture. We are getting ours today hopefully out front because Paul is actually home this week. It has been great having him home. We need to get together soon. Are you free Sunday evening? Did the Georges move?

PS we both chose the same background!!

thecustercrew said...

Your new pic is so cute! I have always loved to hear him talk as well. His messages always seemed to hit home.