Tuesday, December 16, 2008

No Princess and the Pea Story Here!

You know how the fairy tale goes. So gentle and delicate, that only a "true" princess could detect a pea under a gazillion mattresses. Well, we are definitely not royalty! Look what I found under our couch cushions.



Apparently the cushions double as garbage can and secret hiding place. You never know when you'll need a pencil (used as Harry Potter magic wands), a toy for when you're bored, a ribbon for your hair, an extra sock for when your foot is cold, or a cracker in case you start suffering from hunger pains!

I hate cleaning the couches. I have decided that as punishment for when they are misbehaving they are going to do all the petty chores I can't stand. They will clean the couches, wipe the banisters, scrub the base boards, and so forth. I should have the cleanest house around! Until, they learn to get along...who am I kidding, my house will be spotless forever!

4 comments:

ChicChat said...

That is a great idea. Why didn't someone think of that a long time ago. My kids would never have any spare time on their hands. Ü

i said...

Hilarious! Funny thing is that mine looks the same!

Brittany Marie said...

When we were remodeling the house, we pulled a barbie [head] out of the heater vent and 2 plastic beaded necklaces out of the bathroom sink pipes.
Hahaha.

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Brittany, I would be so scared to find what is in our vents. Grace found her old witch finger from last Halloween in one of them, you would have thought she won the lottery! Hey, there's another chore for them! I would really have bragging rights to say I have the cleanest vents!