Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It Won't Be a Long Summer

Our summer vacation has officially started, for Ryan and Aaron anyway. Grace is year-round, so she has about 3 more weeks.

I'm always a little fearful of summer. The first little while is okay, but soon the kids get bored and I'm at my wits end! This year will be a little different. Not because they will all return to our neighborhood school which is year round, that will definitely help, but because I got this book from my mother-in-law:


I have been reading through it and I'm so excited to some of these activities with my kids. It is a must to break up the summer. Our summer won't last too long, but I plan to cram it with as much fun as possible. Watch for some fun posts on things we did!

2 comments:

thecustercrew said...

I need one of those books for big kids. My grade schoolers have a few more weeks to go, but the fighting teens may do me in by the end of the summer.

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

All the activities are geared toward kids of all ages, I think. They have science projects, games, family fun,cool things to make, and a whole lot more!